Software issues with Renault Megane IV GT Line from 2017

• Guten tag,

I hope that it is OK that I write in English. German is not my native language but this seems to be one of the best forums available.

I have a Renault Megane IV GT Line from 2017 (7” screen) and I am experiencing multiple issues with the software/hardware and I can’t figure out if I have a unit with issues or if the engineers at Renault don’t know what they’re doing.

In general, the unit/screen is very slow and sometimes the interface is first ready after ~30 seconds. I've listed some other issues below:

• The rain sensor almost always works but not if it only is drizzling.
    • The lane shift sensor most times seems to be delayed, and will first alert me when I am driving on the white stripes on the side of the road.
    • The automatic high beam doesn’t always work but is sometimes activated for a short while even though there is oncoming traffic or if I’m driving in a town with street lights or behind a truck.
    • The sport profile will be reset to the neutral profile if the car has been off for a while. This is not the case if comfort or eco is chosen. IMO it should remember my last state even though it was sport.
    • The car most times doesn’t remember the position of the current radio station from the list. So if I navigate to Radio Station A with index 34 on the list of radio stations and listen for some time before scrolling again, the position is reset and I have to scroll all the way through the list again if I want to listen to the station 35. IMO, it should remember my last state.
    • If I am talking on the phone and start the car it will switch to hands-free but the music from the radio will persist for a short time and be very loud until the “car is ready” and uses the volume from the last time I was using hands-free.
    • When switching between songs there’s some sort of “fading” between the songs which results in 2-3 seconds being cut off at the start of the next song.
    • When I'm listening to the radio and stops e.g. in an intersection the auto-stop for the engine is activated, and when I press the brake the car will start again. When the car starts again the sound from the radio or BT will be louder for a short time, before returning to normal.

To me, it seems that all these issues exist either because my unit isn’t performing as it should or because of poorly written software, so is there anyone, in here with the same car or same R-Link software who can tell me if their car behaves the same way? I would like to know if I should talk to my dealer since it’s still under warranty.

The software is version 7.0.24.161 but I am able to install version 8.0.32.500 or version 9.0.34.610 available from the mega.nz link another thread on this page. Could the update help me?

Thanks on behalf,

Christian

• Hallo Christian,

you should renew the battery it seems in malefunction!

Make a R-Link-reset - start the engine, wait still R-Link has been startet, hold the On/Off-button still the screen is black. Wait for some minutes, R-Link has restarted an will run fine.

Many problems arise from undervoltage.

If the engine is switched off with the Multi-Sense "Sport" active, it will switch to Multi-Sense „Neutral“ after a long period of inactivity, unless you confirm Multi-Sense „Sport“. This is a licensing requirement.

It could be that there will be a switch to „Neutral“ without question.

I recommend installing software version 9.0.35.50x, it is the latest one. If you like you can get it.

regards

Udo

RFC = Renault Espace V dCI 160 EDC Initial Paris in Cassio-Grau, Innenausstattung Nappa-Leder Maroon/Cameo-Grey, Innenharmonie Maroon Initial Paris (aus allererster Serienproduktion, also nicht mehr Vorserie, aus Mitte Juni 2015), EZ 07/2015, normaler Tempomat, Sonderausstattung: Head-Up-Display, Reserverad, Comfort Paket (Rückfahrkamera und Parkassistent), Winterpaket (beheizte Frontscheibe, Sitzheizung auch hinten, Scheinwerferreinigungsanlage), Ladeschutzkante in Chrom. R-Link2-7.0.24.166

• Hi ChristianLJ,

it's not evey time a battery problem. First question, do you have the additional 5 year waranty? If yes, you should reclaim the the following issues at your car dealer:

- lane shift sensor + automatic high beam: both works vie the front-cam: maybe the cam should be adjusted correctly.

- sound/bt/radio issues: maybe your system has a mailfunction, your dealer should check it. Maybe it should be exchanged.

Rain-Sensor: this is a normal behavior, drizzling is almost a bit problematic, but you can adjust the sensitivity.

Profile reset: This is a normal beavior - sport mode will always reset to neutral mode after restart.

• Hallo Christan,

you can do an update from 7 to 9 directly.

regsrds

Udo

RFC = Renault Espace V dCI 160 EDC Initial Paris in Cassio-Grau, Innenausstattung Nappa-Leder Maroon/Cameo-Grey, Innenharmonie Maroon Initial Paris (aus allererster Serienproduktion, also nicht mehr Vorserie, aus Mitte Juni 2015), EZ 07/2015, normaler Tempomat, Sonderausstattung: Head-Up-Display, Reserverad, Comfort Paket (Rückfahrkamera und Parkassistent), Winterpaket (beheizte Frontscheibe, Sitzheizung auch hinten, Scheinwerferreinigungsanlage), Ladeschutzkante in Chrom. R-Link2-7.0.24.166

• Hi all

Thank you for your answers.

It does indeed have 5 years warranty. 1 year left.

The car has been in and out of the mechanic a couple of times and he can't read any issues with the unit so Renault will not send him a new unit.

I will try to update from 7 to 9 later today.