Probleme mit dem EDC

• habe das "getriebe überhitzt" problem nun auch kennen gelernt. kann es mitlerweile auch gut reproduzieren, wird wohl ein fall für die werkstatt.

autobahn mit geschmeidigen 100km/h, pedal durchtretten, es wird geschalten, der motor dreht in den begrenzer und es wirkt als würde die kupplung nicht greifen.
    da hilft dann nur fuss vom gas, manuell in den 7ten schalten und beschleunigen wie opa. :(

Megane GT 205 - 07/16 - 12/19
    Golf GTI Performance - 12/19 - ?

• Ich habe das Problem seit 2-3 Wochen auch, gleiches verhalten wie bei Bukkibaer. Mein Mégane war heute in der Werkstatt.

Aussagen: das Problem ist bekannt, ein Software-Update wird in den nächsten Wochen erwartet. Ich soll in einem Monat anrufen. Heute wurde "das Getriebe neu eingelesen". Das Problem ist angeblich für das Getriebe nicht schädlich.

Ich werde in der Zwischenzeit wohl vor einer stärker Beschleunigung immer manuell runterschalten...

• Hello! Sorry for posting in English! I'm Adrian and I'm from Romania. Since august this year I own a Renault Talisman TCE200 EDC7, Intens Version, 4 control, all the options on it except the sunroof. The car has now 2900 km but, since 500 km ago, it started to have some gearbox problems. When accelerating softly or normally noise are coming from the gearbox, the gearbox seems to be undecided whether to keep the current gear or to downshift, the acceleration is done sloppy, in waves.
    Unfortunately Renault Romania hasn't done anything yet to the car, not even acknowledge the problem. They even refuse to write once again the gearbox software ...
    Do your GT's behave like my Talisman, like it is shown in the videos below? Also, do you have any news from Renault Germany? A new software will be released (and, if so, or when so, please post here its version), or the actuators from the gearbox will be replaced?

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Problems are present in Drive mode, in Manual mode no noises appear and the acceleration is done properly. Also, on Sport mode or Sport setting to the Powertrain the phenomenon tends to be lower, but it is still there (not starting with 1800 rpm, but above 3000 rpm you can hear the noise and see that the acceleration is not linear).

• Hello Adrian, here is a forum for the Renault Megane IV not for the talisman. Since you are unfortunately in the wrong forum landed! If possible write with google translated in German, since we are a German-speaking forum here! And not all of the English language are powerful!

• Ich verstehe Ihre Bemerkung nicht, weder die Relevanz, die ich über einen Talisman habe, da der Motor und das Getriebe von beiden Modellen (Talisman und Megane IV GT 205) gleich sind. Der Mann aus Slowenien ist so nicht willkommen geheißen. Freundliche Grüße!

I don't understand your remark, neither the relevance that I have a Talisman since the engine and the gearbox from both models (Talisman and Megane IV GT 205) are the same. The guy from Slovenia hasn't been welcomed like this, on another note. Best regards!

• Hi adymateo, welcome to our forum. Of course both motors and gearboxes are the same, I think he just wanted to give you a notice, that there is a special forum for the Talisman. The problem is, nobody of us could really help you with your problem. Because even our own EDC problems are so special, that nobody of us can give u an advise, because the problem ist just much to technical. The only advise all of us can give you is to drive to your vendor and tell him your problems. In germany we have a guarantee that they have to fix those problems.

09.03.2016 bestellt: Renault Megane Energy TCe 205 EDC
    Iron Blau - Vollausstattung inkl. Glasdach, Alcantara Sitzen mit blauen Zierstreifen und 17 Zoll Decaro Felgen (Für Winter) + 18 Zoll Magny Cours Felgen (Für Sommer) [Danke nochmal an Zeus, der mir seine freundlicherweise verkauft hat :-)]

• Welcome Adymateo,
    in addition to Creekies post: The problem like you described it, didn't occure at any owner of a Megane4 GT here in the forum, as far as I know. I think no one described any sounds during shifting like you did. So I think as well that we can't help you here.

Megane GT, Iron-Blau, 18" MC-Felgen, Alcantara blaue Zierstreifen, ohne Safe-Cruising-Paket und Glasdach

• Ich verstehe Ihre Bemerkung nicht, weder die Relevanz, die ich über einen Talisman habe, da der Motor und das Getriebe von beiden Modellen (Talisman und Megane IV GT 205) gleich sind. Der Mann aus Slowenien ist so nicht willkommen geheißen. Freundliche Grüße!

Hello I meant it exactly, there are specially a forum for Talisman. Our Admin belongs to this Forum had also said in TeamTalk you are in the wrong forum. Here it should just about the Megane IV go when the transmission is perhaps equal. And I have you kindly welcomed. From unwelcome I have not written anything. Best regards.

• OK! Sorry noch einmal! Ich werde zum Talisman-Forum gehen. Und das wollte ich von Ihnen hören, wenn Sie ähnliche Probleme hatten oder nicht.

Ok! Sorry once again! I will go to the Talisman forum. And that is what I wanted to hear from you, if you had similar problems or not.

• Hi,
    I am having similar issues with EDC to those mentioned a few posts above (car collected at the end of august). While in gears 4-7 and above ~50kph when I want to accelerate rapidly and I'm for example in 7th gear the first reduction to 6th works well but when the gearbox wants to further reduce to 5th it fails and ends up with disengaged clutch, high rpms and a "Gearbox overheated" warning on the dash. When the rpms drop to a proper range it usually engages 7th gear and continues normally. This also happens while accelerating fast from the start and switching up from 4th to 5th or form 5th to 6th. These symptoms appear when drivetrain is in normal or sport mode under heavy load (full or almost full throttle). There is no correlation between this happening and aggressive driving for an extended period. Yesterday it happened after over 20 kilometers of relaxed ride from the start when I wanted to quickly overtake a truck. Not a pleasant experience having a disengaged drivetrain and seeing a truck coming at you.. I have also noticed that often when reducing higher gears under heavy load and in high rpms it feels like the rpms go too far and the clutch engages too slowly, for example when reducing from 6th to 5th the rpms go from like 3k in 6th to 4,5k while changing clutches and then finally drop to 4k in 5th gear when it fully engages. During reclutching the rpms feel like a bit like shaking, just as if I were driving a manual and engaged the clutch too slowly while having throttle pressed too far. For me it looks like some kind of rev-matching is working incorrectly or the final clutch engages too slowly for such load, or maybe both. I can imagine however that such a setup is hard to engineer when there are two clutches interchanging connected to a turbo engine whose boost you don't wanna lose on the way, and the boost itself may differ.. Problems started to appear about 2 weeks after I collected the car and passed first 1500km treating it gently. At first I thought it was just some single fault but lately they appear more and more frequently. I reported this problem to Renault Poland about a month ago, they acknowledged that the problem exists, collected some logs and told me to wait for some solution.